Dambusters 617 Squadron 80th Anniversary 1943 - 2023 Commemorative Badge
On the night of 16/17 May 1943, Wing Commander Guy Gibson led the Royal Air Force’s specially formed 617 Squadron on an audacious bombing raid to destroy three dams in the industrial heartland of Germany. 19 Lancasters with 133 aircrew took off from RAF Scampton, 53 men did not return, three men survived and became Prisoner of War.
AWARD is proud to commemorate the 80th Anniversary of the heroic 617 Squadron Dambusters Raid, code name ‘Operation Chastise’, with the exclusive Limited Edition Dambusters 617 Squadron 80th Anniversary Commemorative Badge. This highly collectable badge is sequentially numbered on the reverse, has been traditionally manufactured to the highest standards and comes in a personalised fitted presentation case with a hand numbered certificate of authenticity inlay card resulting in a very desirable commemorative to treasure and making a perfect gift.
• Strictly Limited Edition of 617 pieces, sequentially numbered on the reverse
• Multi parts construction & die stamped for ultimate fine detailing
• 7 enamel colours, electroplated in gold
• Avro Lancaster in metal relief & finished in antique silver creating hi/lo lights of contrasting details.
• Hand polished and enamelled by hand
• Fitted with jewellery style, non-turn, superior nickel clutch stud
• Personalised fitted presentation case with hand numbered Certificate of Authenticity
• Actual size 38 x 31.7mm
The Limited Edition Dambusters 617 Squadron 80th Anniversary 1943 -2023 Commemorative Badge is designed by and exclusively available from AWARD.